Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011

No Regrets

     
Sixteen years ago, my high school class watched the Dead Poets Society in our English class.  The movie popularized the phrase "Carpe Diem", a Latin phrase which translates as "seize the day". I enjoyed the movie a lot and found the phrase very inspiring that I have made it my motto in life.

Most people tend to worry too much about the future that they fail to enjoy the present.  While it is good to have a goal, I personally believe it shouldn't be the be-all, end-all of one's existence.  While it's good to know where you are going, I think enjoying the journey is much more important.

The future is not something you can control.  No matter how hard you try to stick to your plans, you still cannot have an assurance that you will reach your goal.  There are so many variables that can affect one's plans- other people, economy, nature.   But while you cannot control your future, you can control the decisions you make today.  Choose a today that makes you happy while still keeping an eye on your goal. Seize the day, and live life with no regrets.



Photo: Voltaire Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment